Out of School Time
In Your Community
Before and After School Programs at the Y
See below for locations.
Out of School Time
It’s hard to believe the summer is over, and it is time to go back to school. Back to school also means, for many families, decisions on the best option for children before and after the formal school day. At the YMCA of Greater Providence, we have a number of Out of School Time opportunities in Y facilities and schools throughout Providence, the state of Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
The objective of YMCA Out of School Time is to focus on the overall development of the child academically, socially, physically and emotionally. The YMCA Out-of-School enrichment programs provide a framework for school age children that stress health and well-being, creative arts and expression, and structured academic support. All our child focused programs are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families.
To hear more about what YMCA Out of School Time is all about click here:
Providence Youth Services – (PYS)
A branch of the YMCA of Greater Providence, PYS, hosts Out of School Time enrichment programs in eleven schools throughout the city of Providence. Over 500 children daily benefit from our academically aligned Out of School Time programs.
Highly Credentialed Staff
All YMCA Out of School Time sites are led by highly qualified staff with strong credentials. Our Y professionals know how to help children learn, play, and grow. And they love what they do so your child has an enriching, fun experience every day.
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have prior experience supervising children
- Hold a college degree in Early Childhood Learning or related study
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have experience working with children
All staff are
- Certified in CPR, child abuse prevention, and first aid
- Carefully screened according to state and local standards
- Uphold the mission of the YMCA
- Committed to providing a quality experience for every child, incorporating the Y's core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Space is limited, so enroll today!
Financial assistance is available to qualified families.
Contact your local branch or your child's school to learn more.
Visit one of our branches for more information about Child Care programs available: