Full Service Member Benefits
- Network access to seven YMCAs
- Reciprocal membership at YMCAs throughout RI, MA, and CT
- Fitness centers – See facility grid
- Pools – See schedules for adult and family swim times
- Prime Time/Child Watch
- Youth swim teams
- Early registration for members – Don’t get closed out!
- Reduced program and child care fees
- Free group exercise including yoga, Pilates and indoor cycling classes – See schedules
- Free water exercise classes
- Programs for the whole family
- Satisfaction guarantee
- AWAY Program – Always Welcome At YMCAs
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Improved physical strength
- Members-only special events
Always Welcome At the YMCA. All members of the YMCA of Greater Providence become members of a nationwide association of people. When you are away from home, you will be welcomed and treated as a member by all participating YMCAs. Be sure to ask about the A.W.AY policy at the Y you are visiting. Fees and restrictions may apply.
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
New members have 30 days from the inception date of membership to decide if the YMCA is the place for them. If you are not completely satisfied you will receive a full refund, including the joiner’s fee. To do so, you must complete the appropriate form available at the Member Service Center. The form must be completed no later than 30 days after the date on your membership receipt.
You may cancel your membership at any time and receive a refund of unused months if you choose to pay the annual fee. If you pay your fees monthly through our automatic payment plan, you may cancel with a 30-day written notice.
The YMCA of Greater Providence will defer memberships for a maximum of four months annually. A 30-day written notice is required. Automatic payments will be deferred for up to four months and will automatically be reinstated after that period of time. Annual memberships will be extended for up to four months from the original anniversary date.
Guests are limited to 3 visits per year, must fill out an informed consent form, provide a photo ID and check in at the Member Service Center at each visit. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian and sign the waiver.
Guest Fees are $5 for a youth, $10 for an adult and $15 for a family.
Membership ID Cards
Please present your membership identification card for scanning at the Member Service Desk when entering the facility. If you do not have your membership card or have lost it, you will be asked to wait while we verify membership and you maybe asked for a photo ID. ·
- Please notify the Member Service Center if your card has been lost or stolen. There may be a charge for replacement.
- Cards are not transferable. Only the member may use the membership card. Abuse of this privilege will result in loss of membership.
- Each individual on a family membership must have a membership card and show it to gain admission.