- From 11/24 until 11/28 our pool will be closed for the installation of a new HVAC system on the pool deck. Please review how this closure may effect your aquatics programming and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
- We are looking forward to the completion of the new 2,200 sq. ft. ladies locker room. We anticipate it will be in use prior to the holidays. Thank you for your patience during this process. We'll keep you posted on the grand opening date.
SOUTH COUNTY YMCA SEALS SWIM TEAM
AGES 7 TO 18 YEARS
On this value oriented competitive team, everyone participates to improve swimming technique, improve physical conditioning, learn good sportsman- ship, and enjoy team fun. Our team competes in the SENECY swim league against other YMCAs in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
SESSION: September 2014 until March 2015. Registration is currently closed. Swimmers are encouraged to attend all Home and Away meets. To attend
SENECY Championships swimmers are required to attend a minimum of 4
*Schedule subject to change.
Throughout the season, members of the SCY Seals team should contact our Senior Director, Greg Hindle with any questions or concerns.
SOUTH COUNTY YMCA RECREATION SWIM TEAM
AGES 6 TO 13 YEARS
On this value oriented competitive team, everyone participates to improve swimming technique, improve physical conditioning, learn good sportsmanship, and enjoy team fun. These teams compete in inter-squad meets . New swimmers to our team should be able to swim two lengths of the pool freestyle, two lengths backstroke and breaststroke kick. Parents have the option of selecting one of two practice team times.
SESSION: October 6, 2014 through February 22, 2015. Assessments will be the week of October 6, 2014. Registration is currently closed.
MEMBER RATE: $325.00
You may select from either team practice schedule based on preference.
- TEAM ONE SCHEDULE: Tuesday 6:00pm - 7:00pm and Saturday 10:45am - 11:30am
- TEAM TWO SCHEDULE: Thursday 6:00pm - 7:00pm and Saturday 11:30am - 12:15pm
Prospective members of the Recreational team should contact our Senior Director, Greg Hindle with any questions or concerns.
MASTERS SWIM TEAM
Masters swimming is an organized swim program for adults 18 and older. Members vary in skill level from novice lap swimmer to Division One athletes. Members participate in a variety of ways ranging from lap swimming to national competition. Triathletes are welcome.
Stroke technique and conditioning are part of every workout. You will also be able to tailor the workout to meet your needs and abilities in a group setting. Practices vary from beginners learning how to swim competitively to national caliber Masters athletes looking for a season plan that will help them prepare for Masters Nationals. All are welcome! Prospective Master Swim members should contact our Senior Director, Greg Hindle, or Head Coach Fred Bartlett.
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE: Tuesday & Thursday 7:00pm - 8:30pm and Sundays 7:15am - 9:00am